Toilet Tour Blog
Ever thought about an alternative fuel to petrol for your vehicle? With rising petrol prices we are all hoping something cheaper comes along soon aren't we?! Something cheaper and environmentally sustainable would be a double win. So has it ever crossed your mind that poo might be a good source of fuel? Probably not, it isn't really something one ponders over is it? But, for Japanese Toilet company, TOTO, biofuel is something that has been in the mix for a while. Last week they displayed a 3-wheeled motorcycle in their Tokyo showroom, that operates on livestock poo and can travel as far as 300 kms on a tank of biofuel.
Following on from our last post it is clear that biofuels is a topic of the future (and who wouldn't boast that their vehicle is getting them from home to work on poo?
It's not often that you get a good toilet story in the mainstream media, but this one's got everything.
Solar-powered, hydrogen producing toilets, cash prizes from Bill Gates, the low-down on why toilets are a great investment for ending poverty, as well as a nifty little animation about reinventing the toilet (comes with mild language warning)...
Read the whole thing in The Guardian.
- Is our Government playing secret (anti) Santa?
- World Toilet Day – Toilet Tour Update
- Crestwood: A Toilet Tour Stop
- Toilet Tour Stop: Lalor Park
- Toilet Tour Stop: Corrimal
- Toilet Tour Stop: Manly
- Clean Water and Sanitation for everyone
- WASH: The silent weapon against Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Poo powers a motorbike for 300kms!
- More poo in the news